Interesting Individuals, Tombstones, & Gravesites
Since there are too many to list all on the home page, here is a more complete compilation of all the individuals, tombstones, and gravesites that struck me as interesting, and that I chose to highlight on the Southern Graves site. As always, you may find more articles of interest at my various blogs:
Rose Hill Cemetery; Macon, Georgia
Southern Graves Blog
- 1st Lieut. Eugene C. Jeffers, One of the "Immortal 600"
- A Remarkable Funeral: Burial of the Victims of the Woolfolk Tragedy
- Alfred Cranford Murdered. Sam Hose Lynched.
- And the Road Goes on Forever: Duane Allman & Berry Oakley
- Brigadier General James Gunn and His Political Ruination
- From the Life of General Thomas Pinckney
- It's Time for You to Get Low
- John Buckley & the Congressional Medal of Honor
- "Little Mary Marsh" of the Marsh Juvenile Comedians Troupe
- Lothrop Withington, Noted Genealogist Lost at Sea
- Louis Behrens, Famous Fireman
- My Journey to Visit the Brother that Did Not Survive
- North Carolina's Greatest Man: Zebulon Baird Vance
- O. Henry - Author, Cowboy, Druggist, Sheep Herder, & Convicted Embezzler
- Remember the Rohna. Remember Clinton Witehead.
- Robert J. Anderson, Confederate Soldier at Gettysburg
- To the Asylum Goes the Murderess Julia Force
- William Zeigler: the Man, His Vault, & His Woman Slave Mary
Return to Southern Graves home.
All articles © S. Lincecum